≪La Semaine du Goût ® ≫International ONIGIRI Contest
– The 8th Edition –
Intercultural food communication with “ONIGIRI”
The educational activity for the sense of taste of children, 《La Semaine du Goût ® 》 will organize ＜The 8th International ONIGIRI Contest＞.
We are accepting original and unique “ONIGIRI” (Riceball) mixed Japanese and other countries’ ingredients
Regardless of professional / amateur, age and nationality
From Thursday 1st August to Friday 13th September 2019
How to apply
Conditions of application
- ①Selected candidates after a screening of documents are required to be present on the final judgement held on 14th October(Monday/national holiday) 2019 in Tokyo.
※Transportation expenses will be charged by the Comité parrainage. The finalists from overseas will be offered two nights of accommodation.
- ②The ingredients expenses will be not exceed 500 yen.
- ③Cooking time should be less than 30 minutes (excluding rice cooking time).
Yukio Hattori, Principal of the Hattori Nutrition College
Eiko Egami, Head of Egami Cooking School
Takashi Tamura, Chef of Nihonryori Tsukiji Tamura
Makiko Fujino, Food expert
Mieko Horiguchi, Professor of Otsuma Women’s University Junior College Division
Tadao Koike, 5 stars Rice Master
Stephane Danton, Owner of Tea shop Ocharaka
Sanae Namatame, Tokyo Gaz
|1st||【STAUB】 la cocotte de GOHAN
Seasonal Rice Distribution selected by Mr.KOIKE,
5 stars Rice Master 1 person
|2nd||【NESPRESSO】Essenza Mini 1 person|
|3rd||【Zwilling】Multi- Purpose Kitchen Knife 1 person|
|Prize for Participation in Final Judgement||【Yagicho】Assortment of Dashi
【Hakata Salt】Assortment of Salt
【Tokyo Gas】Assortment of Original Goods
Judging procedure & Announcement of the results
10 candidates advance into the final judgement with practical skills after a screening of documents.
- ◆Screening of documents : Tuesday 24th September 2019
- ◆Final judgement : Monday 14th October 2019(*National holiday in Japan) 11:00 ～ 16:00
- ◆the place :Cooking Studio “Marugoto NIPPON”
2-6-7, Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo
- ※Not informed the result to applicants failed in the screening documents.
Publication of prize-winning “ONIGIRI”
To be announced on the official site and Facebook of 《La Semaine du Goût ® 》of Japan, and Partner’s website.
|Enquiries:||Comité parrainage de la Semaine du Goût ® au Japon
2-7-9-301, Sendagaya Shibuyaku, 151-0051, Tokyo, Japan
Tel：+81-3-3402-5616 ／ Fax: +81-3-3402-5452
E-mail : email@example.com ／ HP : www.legout.jp
The last year’s final judging panel
Held on October 16th 2018, 11:00-16:00 at Tokyo Gas Studio+G GINZA
|Organizer :||Comité parrainage de la Semaine du Goût ® au Japon|