Onigiri Five – おにぎり /御握り Five
投稿者 : Cyrille Schwartz 様
My seasonal Onigiri to celebrate the commemoration of the 160th Japan × France Relationship An Onigiri revisited to celebrate the 5 flavor of the Semaine du Go?t (Umami, sweety salt, acid , bitter ) : The french croissant based on japanese products such as Umeboshi, furikake, with autumn color rice and french seasonal products like old comt?, acid apple, basilic and figs The 2 ? croissant Onigiri ? make an happy smiley to celebrate the commemoration !
- The rice is well cleaned in order to remove the starch and then cook in cold water with the same proportion of rice as water ; open cooking first and then close after steaming and low fire.
- During this time we mix the rice vinegar with the sugar that we heat until the sugar is completly dissolved.
- When the rice is really sticky we let it cool down and during this time we prepare the stuffing :
- For the french stuffing, the acid apple, Figs and the old Comt? are cuts in cubes, the basilic is chopped and then we mix everything.
- For the japanese stuffing, we pitted the Umeboshi and then we add the Furikake and the soy sauce to the rice.
- When the stuffing is ready we mix the cold rice with the vinegar .
- The resulting rice is rolled and the stuffing incorporated. To roll the rice we wet our hands with water and salt so that the rice won’t stick. We create then the croissant form.
- We decorate afterward the croissant with nori algae.
- We can also add some black sesame seed as decoration.